Celebrate Valentine’s Day dinner at home with our inclusive Surf & Turf meal prep kit of local goods and foods. Cook together and set the scene – everything you need for a romantic dinner delivered to your doorstep on Saturday, February 13th.
Order your Valentine’s Meal Kit before they’re gone!
This Valentine’s Day meal prep kit includes:
- 2 Grass-fed, Pasture Raised Ribeye Steaks from CATHIS Farm
- 1 lb of NC Shrimp from Dogwood Shrimp Co.
- 1 Loaf of Fresh Baked Bread from Stick Boy Bakery
- Fresh Carrots
- 1 Jar of Ginger Honey + A Recipe for Gingered Honey Carrots from Beehive Yourself NC
- 2 Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecakes from Sweet Goose Bakery
- Mason Jar Candle from Turner Lane
- Bud Vase with Roses from The Downtown Market of Fayetteville
Beer Boiled Shrimp
- 1 lb. Shrimp (peeled and prepared)
- 12 oz. can of Beer
- 2 cloves chopped Garlic
- 2 slices fresh Lemon
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp. Thyme (fresh is always better!)
- 1 tsp. Basil (fresh is always better!)
- ¼ tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Dash Paprika
Combine beer and spices in a medium sauce pan and simmer for about 15 minutes
Add 1 lb of shrimp.
Cook the shrimp ONLY until they turn pink and transfer immediately into an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
Serve shrimp cold with cocktail sauce, and garnish with thyme for a more restaurant-y feel.
Be sure to save the shrimp broth for soup stock or use it as a base for cook a delicious, coordinated pasta side dish.
Quick Cocktail Sauce
- 3 Tbs. Ketchup
- ½ tsp. Horseradish
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tsp. Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
Mix together and chill.
These measures are approximate and you should adjust each item to your liking.
Romancin’ the Rib
Cast iron. There’s no doubt about it – any steak is best romanced on a hot, cast-iron skillet swimming in just a teaspoon of creamy butter – especially our recipe for rich Bone Marrow Butter. Pepper. No salt.
Brown quickly on each side, then turn off the heat. Let sit – the length of time depends on meat thickness.
Don’t walk away! Cover and let rest to assure the inside is done to your preference.